Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Life, Continuing

Life it seems has taken hold and will not let go. I shall spare you all the details of how oh so glamorous life and cut right to the chase. A simple demonstration will show however the ridiculous nature of my life at the moment, however; I finished Life, After during the middle of the first week we assigned it, and I am now getting around to digesting it.

It was a beautiful novel of hope and inspiration. Beyond the incredible connection I was able to create with it, I am a sucker for themes of young love and heart ache, I really found it resonating with me in a very deep and unexpected way. There was a line, perhaps one of the best closings to a book I have ever experienced, that made me sit back in my chair and really think.

"We all knew there was a Before, which we could never return to, and an After where we had to learn to find joy again."

While my life has had no personal cataclysmic events to speak of, thank goodness, I certainly have found myself stuck as of late, both professionally and personally. As I finished Life, After I sat back in my desk chair and realized, I have been keeping myself in between. My life before was full of joy and sadness. Rather then work through that sadness, I have held on and forbidden myself to move to the next stage, the After. I think it's time to do just that.



No comments:

Post a Comment